We need your help! Please fill out our technical survey at https://goo.gl/forms/TONi6es5xuqL3U0m2

Spectator Mode

While we were in beta we’ve been lucky enough to witness some of the intensity that Absolver will bring to players. So that everyone can join in on the fun, we’ll be adding a Spectator mode to the game so you can get inspired by other players and their own mastery of the game’s mechanics.

Discuss this future feature here!

Comments

• Amazing! I can't wait for this feature!
  • edited August 28
    This will be a great feature, and will make for some great content for Youtubers and Streamers. Analyzing others, and maybe coaching?
  • Looking forward to this. Will be cool to see how other players battle and go about things.
  • This is the first game that I've played that after I went on YouTube to watch other people's fighting styles. I've never been a fan of spectator modes in games, but I can actually see myself using this in the future
  • Hello,

A large part of the community who follows this game are former Jedi Knight players, here is the consensus our community members have noted to me when it comes to spectating.

- Rooms that are turn based winner keeps fighting, loser switches to spectating and the next person in the lobby fights.
    - Friendly Duel Lobbies (6 Player or Higher limit would be ideal)create a group with friends, much like above take turns spectating and fighting, winner keeps going losers switch to spectating and the next one on the list fights the winner.
    - FFA Lobbies, Players can hang out together in a group and take turns fighting with each other while the other players sit around or even do FFA, group battles.

While we were in beta we’ve been lucky enough to witness some of the intensity that Absolver will bring to players. So that everyone can join in on the fun, we’ll be adding a Spectator mode to the game so you can get inspired by other players and their own mastery of the game’s mechanics.

• Hello,

A large part of the community who follows this game are former Jedi Knight players, here is the consensus our community members have noted to me when it comes to spectating.

- Rooms that are turn based winner keeps fighting, loser switches to spectating and the next person in the lobby fights.
    - Friendly Duel Lobbies (6 Player or Higher limit would be ideal)create a group with friends, much like above take turns spectating and fighting, winner keeps going losers switch to spectating and the next one on the list fights the winner.
    - FFA Lobbies, Players can hang out together in a group and take turns fighting with each other while the other players sit around or even do FFA, group battles.

Love the idea of turns where people can watch then fight. Also like the idea of a FFA arena where we can hang out and practice.
  • I rather have actual content and modes. You can already watch good players via stream and spectate on Twitter.

I rather see voice communication or even just text communication first. Which doesn't even get a mention and surely is a feature most want, some form of communication within the game(beyond simple emotes).
  • Keha said:

I rather have actual content and modes. You can already watch good players via stream and spectate on Twitter.

I rather see voice communication or even just text communication first. Which doesn't even get a mention and surely is a feature most want, some form of communication within the game(beyond simple emotes).

I highly doubt text communication will be added. Its not a feature you just don't get in place early on or accidentally leave out. We will probably get more expressive emotes to communicate with, but this is kind of a ...muted game.

I'd prefer some more content and modes sure, but ultimately, its a fighting game, and if you enjoy fighting games for what they are, or even mobas, you'll be enjoying the game for quite some time without the addition of wildly different content. It is all about the fighting in the end and experiencing that. Though, not trying to downplay what you want, just that some of it is likely intentionally not going to make an appearance.
  • slo-mo replays could be cool.
  • Killcams like in Tekken would be awesome with slo-mo ofcourse :D

slo-mo replays could be cool.

slo-mo replays could be cool.

• camera control please. and not just multiple angles but being able to position the camera freely.
    I want some glorious fung fu minifilms to watch and create. bring back machinima.
  • Yeah I definitely want free-flying cams and, also, the ability to save replays, cuz people will make cool vids if they can. See: Rocket League.
  • It would be great to bring some cinematic camera modes so while spectating we can have different perspectives.. The combat is art and it should be captured in that way too not just simply spectate. Thank you
  • The camera idea has to be planned already right? With the love of martial arts movies that the devs have and the possibility to do stuff like that with this game and let the people make it? I would be shocked if they weren't trying to figure out how to make stuff like that happen already
  • edited October 31
    Is it time to make a deal with twitch ? :#
    Anyway your cinematics are amazing !