Hive Bone Mask has Vanished from Inventory after Downfall Update

Hey SloClap,
I just logged on after a long break and I noticed a problem. Before the Downfall patch my character had the Hive Bone Mask in his inventory and as part of an equipment preset. Somehow during the Downfall update this mask has been removed or deleted from my inventory and the New Forest mask (which I broke down once upon a time into shards) was in my inventory instead.

I'm not exactly sure, but it almost seems as if I was not supposed to be able to scrap the New Forest mask, so the game gave it back to me but removed the Hive Bone mask in the process.

Either way, it is very confusing and I really miss my favorite mask. Is there a way I can get the Hive Bone mask back?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi soldiers_fortune,

We are sorry to hear about the issue with your favorite mask. Can you answer some additional questions to clear thing up, please?

- Which platform you're using playing the game (Steam/GoG/PS4/Xbox)?
    - Have you tried checking file integrity and/or reinstalling the game?
    - Is this the only inconformity to your previous state of save you have noticed?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.
  • Hey slcp_WaterfallX,

1. I'm playing on Steam. Username is "soldiers_fortune"
    2. I have not tried to check file integrity or reinstalling the game yet as there does not seem to be any issues with the game's playability that would require a fresh install.
    3. The New Forest mask should not have been in my inventory. I did not care for it, so I broke it down into shards when I first earned it. However, when I found the Hive Bone mask missing two days ago, I also discovered the New Forest mask had been replaced in my inventory.

I hope this helps.
  • Hi soldiers_fortune,

Thanks for additional information!

Checking file integrity is a pretty fast process which cost you almost nothing but which can fix really unexpected errors. It is always good to know that all files are fine before digging further.

Anyway, I have passed along your report for further review, and I advise you email directly to support_pc@sloclap.com for additional assistance.

Thank you so much for your patience and continued support.