Absolver 1.10 Update

Hi everyone,

Patch 1.10 will be available on PC and PS4 in a few hours tops; it's a small update with just a couple of minor changes to progression and economy, as well as a number of bugs that have been fixed (such as a crash that occurred when opening Rift Disks, for instance). We didn't communicate on 1.09 since it was only a couple of bugs also. More details below.

The whole team is focused on 3v3 game mode, and on adding features to the equipment and essence menus (such as allowing players to choose the color of their equipment, or acquiring specific weapons and gear with fragments). There will probably be another small update before 3v3 is live (this update will add an anticheat system, amongst other things); we will give more information and release dates very soon, so stay tuned !

All the best,
Sloclap team

Absolver 1.10 Update Patch Notes

- [Design] Lower XP gains when defeating Level 3 boss and beyond
- [Design] Higher XP gains in Combat Trials
- [Design] Cost of Rift Disks changed to 5 Crystals
- [Design] Marked ones have been reverted to their original form. Halloween masks now only available through Rift Disks.
- [Design] Cost of the Attribute Points reset changed to 3 Crystals

> The very high amount of XP given by Bosses made it too easy to farm XP and prestige levels in PvE, which was not the original intention, so this has been rebalanced. Combat Trials also now give more XP, so players will now win Prestige levels and Crystals faster. Rift Disks cost has also been updated to reflect this change.

1.10 and 1.09 also include a number of bugfixes to improve the overall experience.

Comments

• Why would you nerf the XP gains for level 3 bosses when the current situation with CTs is kind of plagued with issues?

I literally did 3 rounds today and every round made me face an infinite loading screen post-game.

Keep in mind this could just be me wanting the boss farm to be good again. CTs atm are just riddled with inconsistencies and the reassurance that I could get fashion just from PvE was nice. The lack of that safety net just made me log after the 3 CTs.

Idk, the prior farm felt more consistent and was pretty relaxing. It was nicer to just defeat a boss once or twice for a Rift Disk and getting fancy colored gear and two useless things rather than having to reset my game every 10 minutes to get a rift coin and find a single useless thing.

#MakeRisynGr8Agen
  • I think the updates are quite reasonable. I will miss farming Risryn for a new set of digs, but it did get entirely too easy to level up. (Ever since I figured out that Risryn can be killed with only a 2 heavy attack succession, farming got too efficient. Bringing me to the point where I have to find new ways to handicap myself). The color customization and fragment use will be warm welcome, as they are stacking up in the thousands just trying to get rid of duplicate clothing.

I love that they changed the attribute change cost. Now people (myself) can actually play around and experiment with the stats, however minor they may be.

Oh and Liddykins, I also hate those seemingly endless load times. Been closing the game through the task manager, but it's still an annoyance to restart the game every time.
    And it seems this company has the intention of pushing this as a tournament style pvp fighter game. So I say, let them focus on one thing at a time. Better to have one or a few aspects really stand out, than having everything as mediocre. (Especially with a small dev team).
  • I tested the infinite loading screen (on PS4), and they aren't infinite. The game is trying to find a server to put you back into after the match. I've since always been returned to the game, and have only had to quit one or two times since update 1.07.
  • I have yet to get anything but a common item form the single coin so I agree on this. Hell even saving up 3 coins to make a disk would be a decent upgrade to the current method to be honest.
    However their main focus is to get players to pvp and not farm pve. So for those unhappy with the changes done ot the boss's maybe try suggesting things that would get you interested in pvp so you would be willing to grind for those coins?
  • Hey Devs, we need a big update soon or else it will be to late for the player base because it will literally be dead. You guys are sitting on a fucking gold mine... do something about it or sell the game to a company who will actually do something with the game rather than making the whole player base wait for somethiing which we dont even know when it is coming yet alone what it will even fucking look like..

No dev streams? No 3 v 3 gameplay ? no early access ? no real new content since release ?
    Amazing game but you devs seriously need to pick up your game or you have literally made a game so good for absolute nothing. I'm not trying to be a dick so please take this as a subjective criticism because this is as serious ones post will ever get about the game until you guys show that you guys care
This discussion has been closed.