Absolver Official Production Update - October

edited November 2017 in Official News
Since update 1.07 we’ve been busy on online stability fixes and optimisations, as well as preparing cool new stuff to come soon, here are some news from the studio!

What’s up now

We pushed a couple of server-side updates recently, to fix issues with Combat Trials disconnections, loadings, and teleports.
Also pushed a small 30 Mb client-side patch last Friday, to fix recurrent issues with GOG/Steam crossplay
We’re currently working on another patch focused on other online improvements, it is now being tested and should be rolled out in the next few days for everybody.
Anticheat is also being worked on
What’s up next

Content Updates

A big content update should be deployed at the end of the month, and will come with some additions we know you guys have been waiting for!
Better inventory: easier to manage, you’ll have new tools to sort and get rid of what you don’t want
We’ll also give you new way to get gear and fill up your inventory. To celebrate, new equipment will also be thrown in the mix!
Reassign attribute points, and other fixes and surprises!

Technical Feedback

A technical update will be pushed in a couple of days, we’ll send a feedback survey – it will be very useful for us to have the best possible view of the current situation and players’ feelings regarding the state of the game, so it would be great if you could fill it out!

More news soon!
Sloclap team

Comments

• I have had a better experience since that last patch and I have a pretty slow connection(so I might be the guy messing up some other peoples experiences in the trials) far fewer missed matches or buggy fights but still some here and there but this could be my connection.
    Over all looking forward to getting this new content and still very much enjoying the game.
    d(>_・ )
  • I don't understand why it's unplayable for some but works fine for others? I've played countless mmo's/multiplayer games and I've never experienced connection issues so extensive and game breaking. Unacceptable.
  • You said anti-cheat is being worked on, does that mean it's launching with the patch at end of month? Or its just being worked on? What's the ETA on spectator mode?
  • Lizard said:

I don't understand why it's unplayable for some but works fine for others? I've played countless mmo's/multiplayer games and I've never experienced connection issues so extensive and game breaking. Unacceptable.

Well let's see, subscription fee to fuel large development team vs $30 one-time cost and a very small development team.
  • Thank you for the update been keeping my eye out because I love this game and cannot wait to play it when it's online issues get ironed out. SLCP if you have too take as much time to perfect the game as much as possible.
  • Dialectic said:

Lizard said:

I don't understand why it's unplayable for some but works fine for others? I've played countless mmo's/multiplayer games and I've never experienced connection issues so extensive and game breaking. Unacceptable.

Well let's see, subscription fee to fuel large development team vs $30 one-time cost and a very small development team.
    Yeah you're right, having a low price and a small dev team definitely justifies selling a half baked, incomplete, piece of trash lol my bad I take it back
  • edited October 2017
    Lizard said:

Yeah you're right, having a low price and a small dev team definitely justifies selling a half baked, incomplete, piece of trash lol my bad I take it back

It patched crossplay between GOG and Steam, server side updates to help stability, and clearly states they're testing further online improvements and more.

It's not half baked or incomplete, it's a fighting game where you fight things, and it achieves this to that end. I won't go and say me not facing issues invalidates yours, but they literally address the problems you're having in this post and you're still being insufferable lol.

Also, again, 30$ one time fee vs sub fees.

Calm down.
  • Very excited for the updates. Still loving this strangely addictive game
  • You know you can say unacceptable, be sarcastic or anything else you would like but do you have even a clue as of why or what is going wrong with these? While I agree a online fighting game with its focus on pvp should not have lag issues its also unavoidable with every game ever made. Coming on here to belittle them serves no purpose at all or to belittle the other players who are giving supportive feedback to the staff so they can improve their work only hinders anything they might say to help the game. So calm down and tell them when or what happened with a report so they can see it. If you can get data logs all the better and its makes it much easier on the staff. Honestly I really enjoy the game and really can't wait to see what they do to improve it not just bug wise. If its just the bugs that is bothering you report them and support them so the next time they make a game they will have learned what they did wrong so it does not happen again. Remember every big company started small and had learn though mistakes like these and this does not just refer to the gaming company's out there.
  • LAG ISN'T THE BIGGEST ISSUE I CAN'T EVEN CONNECT TO THE COMBAT TRIALS LOL IT'S A FIGHTING WHERE YOU CAN'T FIGHT ANYTHING LOL damn guys it must be nice actually being able to play the game you purchased. I bought it on the 29th of august expecting it to work like they advertised and instead I received this garbage. I've only ever been able to play the pvp LITERALLY twice and that's definitely not for a lack of trying either. I've spent more time on the bug reports page posting my issues and trying to get some answers then I have actually fighting other players. I can't even be bothered to list the endless bugs in the pve. Unless they fix this shit soon or give me my $30 back so I can pay for half of a real game; I'll say whatever I want. UNACCEPTABLE.
  • So were gonna go with you have no clue what is wrong with it XD. Did you send in the crash reports? You might have the only bug of that type and their is nothing they can do because their not even aware what that one is. Every operating system runs different,hardware or even what Programs and drivers can change how it works. If you have no sent in the bugs like I said and sit their and complain about it without even giving them the info to see what is even wrong nothing is gonna get done. As I said you need to get them data on what is wrong or there will be no satisfying fix's even if everyone else gets theirs fixed. Just standing their and crying won't help anyone solve any problem and to throw a fit about it is how did you put it? UNACCEPTABLE. Maybe you have put in reports maybe not but none of these people who are trying to help you sold you the game. None of them meant to cause you trouble and tired to help you and taking it out on them is UNACCEPTABLE. Even the ones who did sell the game do not want to you have these problems so CALM DOWN. Your more likely to receive your results if you work with them then just cause them more problems.
  • Jeantall said:

So were gonna go with you have no clue what is wrong with it XD. Did you send in the crash reports? You might have the only bug of that type and their is nothing they can do because their not even aware what that one is. Every operating system runs different,hardware or even what Programs and drivers can change how it works. If you have no sent in the bugs like I said and sit their and complain about it without even giving them the info to see what is even wrong nothing is gonna get done. As I said you need to get them data on what is wrong or there will be no satisfying fix's even if everyone else gets theirs fixed. Just standing their and crying won't help anyone solve any problem and to throw a fit about it is how did you put it? UNACCEPTABLE. Maybe you have put in reports maybe not but none of these people who are trying to help you sold you the game. None of them meant to cause you trouble and tired to help you and taking it out on them is UNACCEPTABLE. Even the ones who did sell the game do not want to you have these problems so CALM DOWN. Your more likely to receive your results if you work with them then just cause them more problems.

tl;dr I've already emailed their support with all my issues, my information and my crash logs but they never replied lol you're right though idk what's wrong with their piece of shit game and their garbage servers but I don't work at sloclap so that's not my job lmao also look at my discussions before you tell me to contact support all I've done is ask for support ffs
  • If you remove "cla" from Sloclap you'll get what Absolver is... Slop. It's a tiny, little, messy, defective, ugly, unplayable, unfinished, unacceptable pile of putrid slop. thanks for ripping me off
  • Even if your correct about their company or game(which strangely in their very forum page where it says their doing even more bug work to fix such problems) not caring and ignoring the problems. At the end of the day at least they don't need how to be decent human being.

Maybe I need to work on being a decent human being as well. Because all I think when I see you degrade them or everyone else on this forum, is that at least it happened to the person who probably deserved it the most. So at this point I will be taking my leave of this conversation. As for final bits of advice I suggest you check your drivers,your install of the game and your specs. If your ps4 try to download it after deleting it as you could have had a simple error in the date transfer which would not have been sloclap doing but the network's fault.
  • I deserve to get what I paid for lol if this were anything other than a video game and I received it unfinished, unusable and completely faulty I'd be allowed to be pissed and I'd have the right to want my money back, but somehow this is different?... whatever bye good riddance
  • edited October 2017
    Oh boy...

• dank memes lool

• Hey Sloclap, I wanted to say that I really appreciate the great effort you put into communication!

When you mentioned GOG/Steam crossplay issues, should that also include not being able to join Steam users schools from GOG? Because this is still not working for me unfortunately. If it‘s not yet fixed, do you know if it will be in the next few patches? It‘s frustrating having to level different characters to try out other play styles.
  • I'm pretty excited about this update
  • null
    Me too hopefully we don't have to wait too long
This discussion has been closed.